Place:


Chapel Allerton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chapel Allerton like this:

ALLERTON-CHAPEL, a parish in Axbridge district, Somerset; 4 miles N of the Glastonbury railway, and 3 SSW of Axbridge. It has a post office under Weston super-Mare; and contains the hamlets of Arston and Stone-Allerton. Acres, 1,169. Real property, with Churchland and Upper Weare, £13,268. Pop., 292. Houses, 56. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £223. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Wells. The church was restored in 1860.

Chapel Allerton through time

Chapel Allerton is now part of Sedgemoor district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sedgemoor has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chapel Allerton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chapel Allerton, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12319

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chapel Allerton ".