Place:


Glentworth  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glentworth like this:

GLENTWORTH, a parish in Gainsborough district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 7 miles NE by N of Marton r. station, and 8 ESE of Gainsborough. Post town, Fillingham, under Lincoln. Acres, 3, 043. Real property, £3, 554. Pop., 340. Houses, 58. The property belongs to the Earl of Scarborough. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £307.* Patron, the Earl of Scarborough. The church is good; and contains a monument of Lord-Chief-Justice Wray, of the time of Elizabeth. There are two alms-houses.

Glentworth through time

Glentworth is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glentworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glentworth, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12318

Date accessed: 17th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glentworth ".