Place:


Glentham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glentham like this:

GLENTHAM, a village and a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln. The village stands near the river Ancholme, 6¼ miles W of Usselby r. station, and 7½ WNW of Market-Rasen; and has a post office under Market-Rasen. The parish contains also the hamlet of Bishop-Bridge, and part of the hamlet of Spital-in-the-Street. ...


Acres, 2, 240. Real property, £4, 335. Pop., 516. Houses, 103. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £90.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with an embattled tower; and was repaired in 1855. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

Glentham through time

Glentham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glentham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glentham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12317

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glentham ".