Place:


Gautby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gautby like this:

GAUTBY, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; on an affluent of the river Witham, 5 miles NE of Bardney r. station, and 6 NW of Horncastle. Post town, Edlington, under Horncastle. Acres, 1, 444. Real property, £970. Pop., 113. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. Gautby House is the seat of the Vyners. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £77.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Gautby through time

Gautby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gautby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gautby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12304

Date accessed: 17th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gautby ".