Place:


Fulbeck  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fulbeck like this:

FULBECK, a village and a parish in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln. The village stands near Ermine-street, 6 miles E of Claypole r. station, and 8½ WNW of Sleaford; and has a post office under Grantham, and an ancient cross. The parish comprises 3, 900 acres. Real property, £6, 614. ...


Pop., 728. Houses, 152. The property is divided among a few. Fulbeck House is the seat of Col. Henry Fane. Limestone is worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £518.* Patron, Col. Henry Fane. The church is partly Norman, partly of latter dates; has a lofty pinnacled tower; and contains an ancient circular font, and monuments of the Fanes. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and charities £13.

Fulbeck through time

Fulbeck is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fulbeck itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fulbeck, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12295

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fulbeck ".