Place:


Frodingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frodingham like this:

FRODINGHAM, a township and a parish in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln. The township lies on the Doncaster and Grimsby railway, 4 miles E of Keadby; and has a r. station. Pop., 113. Houses, 20. The parish includes Scunthorpe township, which has a post office under Brigg; likewise the township of Bromby, and parts of the townships of Crosby and Gunhouse. ...


Acres, 5, 770. Real property, with the rest of Crosby and Gunhouse, £7, 623 Pop. in 1851, 789; in 1861, 910. Houses, 161. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £222. Patron, Winn, Esq. The church is good; and there are three Methodist chapels.

Frodingham through time

Frodingham is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Frodingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frodingham in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12294

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Frodingham ".