In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frampton like this:
FRAMPTON, a village and a parish in Boston district, Lincoln. The village stands between the Peterborough and Boston railway, and the river Witham's estuary, 1 mile ENE of Kirton r. station, and 3¼ S of Boston; and has a post office under Boston. The parish comprises 6, 200 acres of land, and 1, 700 of water. Real property, £11, 317. Pop., 843. Houses, 166. The property is much subdivided. Frampton House and Frampton Hall are chief residences. Much of the land is fen. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. ...
Value, £109. Patron, the Rev. J. Tunnard. The church is cruciform; shows fine English decorated character in the chancel and the transept; has a beautiful early English tower, with octagonal broach spire; contains an octagonal font; and is in good condition. There are a recent chapel of ease, a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £74 a year, and chaiities £151.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Frampton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Boston. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Frampton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frampton, in Boston and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Frampton".