Place:


Llangybi  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangybi like this:

LLANGYBI, a parish, with a village, in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn isthmus, near AvonWen r. station, and 5 miles NNE of Pwllheli. Posttown, Pwllheli. Acres, 4,519. Real property, £3,16 2; of which £42 are in quarries. Pop., 622. Houses, 127. The property is subdivided. ...


Slate is quarried. A mineral well is at the village. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Llanarmon, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £500. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Cybi, and was reported in 1859 as bad. There are an Independent chapel, two Calvinistic Methodist chapels, and charities £27.

Llangybi through time

Llangybi is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangybi itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangybi, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12251

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangybi ".