Place:


Carnguwch  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carnguwch like this:

CARNGIWCH, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the river Erch, 3¾ miles NW of Nevin, and 5¼ WNW of Avon-Wen r. station. Post Town, Nevin, under Pwllheli. Acres, 1,344. Real property, £412. Pop., 130. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Edern, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is tolerable.

Carnguwch through time

Carnguwch is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carnguwch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carnguwch, in Gwynedd and Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12211

Date accessed: 21st April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carnguwch ".