Place:


Farforth  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farforth like this:

FARFORTH, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 5½ miles WSW of Authorpe r. station, and 6 S by W of Louth. Post town, Louth. Acres, 1, 940. Real property, £2, 504. Pop., 103. Houses, 18. The living is a rectory, annexed to Ruckland, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is modern.

Farforth through time

Farforth is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farforth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farforth, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12210

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farforth ".