Place:


Ewerby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ewerby like this:

EWERBY, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; near the Sleaford canal and the Boston and Grantham railway, 3½ miles E by N of Sleaford. It contains the hamlet of Ewerby-Thorpe; and its post town is Sleaford-Acres, 2, 520. Real property, £5, 264. Pop., 473. Houses, 97. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £67. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was reported in 1859 to need repair. An endowed school has £10; and other charities £15.

Ewerby through time

Ewerby is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ewerby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ewerby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12204

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ewerby ".