Place:


Copmanthorpe  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Copmanthorpe like this:

COPMANTHORPE, a chapelry in St. Mary-Bishop-hill-Junior parish, E. R. Yorkshire; on the North Midland railway, adjacent to the river Ouse, 4 miles SSE of York. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is York. Acres, 1, 610. Real property, £3, 075. Pop., 350. Houses, 78. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of York; and, till 1867, was united with Up. Poppleton. Value, £280. Patron, the Vicar of St. Mary-Bishophill-Junior. The church is good.

Copmanthorpe through time

Copmanthorpe is now part of York district. Click here for graphs and data of how York has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Copmanthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Copmanthorpe, in York and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12198

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Copmanthorpe ".