Place:


Yatton Keynell  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yatton Keynell like this:

YATTON-KEYNELL, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; 4 miles WNW of Chippenham r. station. It has a post-office under Chippenham. Acres, 1,749. Real property, £3,488; of which £12 are in quarries. Pop., 554. Houses, 117. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £500.* Patron, B. Pinniger, Esq. The church was lately restored. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.

Yatton Keynell through time

Yatton Keynell is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yatton Keynell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yatton Keynell in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12187

Date accessed: 21st January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yatton Keynell ".