Place:


Winterbourne Gunner  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winterbourne Gunner like this:

WINTERBOURNE-GUNNER, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; 1 mile SSW of Porton r. station, and 4½ NNE of Salisbury. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 1,562. Rated property, £1,080. Pop., 150. Houses, 31. The manor belonged, in the time of Henry III., to Henry Delamere; and it took its suffix name of Gunner from his wife Gunnora. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £235. Patron, not reported. The church was repaired in 1810. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Winterbourne Gunner through time

Winterbourne Gunner is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Winterbourne Gunner itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winterbourne Gunner, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12162

Date accessed: 21st September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Winterbourne Gunner ".