Place:


Winterbourne Dauntsey  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winterbourne Dauntsey like this:

WINTERBOURNE-DANTSEY, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; 1½ mile SSW of Parton r. station, and 4 NN E of Salisbury. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 1,162. Real property, with W.-Earls, £3,268. Pop., 171. Houses, 39. The manor belonged anciently to the Danvers, and gave them the title of Baron. The living is a vicarage, united with W.-Earls, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £250. Patron, the Bishop of S. The church was taken down in 1867. There is a Methodist chapel.

Winterbourne Dauntsey through time

Winterbourne Dauntsey is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Winterbourne Dauntsey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winterbourne Dauntsey, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12159

Date accessed: 18th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Winterbourne Dauntsey ".