Place:


Collingham  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Collingham like this:

COLLINGHAM, a parish in Tadcaster district, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Wharfe, near the Harrogate railway, 2 miles SW of Wetherby. Post town, Wetherby, under Tadcaster. Acres, 2, 553. Real property, £2, 005. Pop., 309. Houses, 71. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £414.* Patron, the Rev.Wheler. The church is old but good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel. A school has £27 from endowment; and other charities £31.

Collingham through time

Collingham is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Collingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Collingham, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12157

Date accessed: 18th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Collingham ".