In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abererch like this:
ABERERCH, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the river Erch and thence to the coast, 1½ mile ENE of Pwllheli r. station. It has a post office under Pwllheli. Acres, 5,962; of which 358 are water. Real property, £5,101. Pop., 1,652. Houses, 398. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage united with the curacy of Penrhos, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £132. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is partly early English. There are chapels. for Independents, Calvinistic Methodists, and Wesley ans. Charities, £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Abererch has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Gwynedd. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Abererch and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abererch, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Abererch".