In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wilcot like this:
WILCOT, a parish, with a village and three tythings, in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the Avon and Kennet canal, 1½ mile W by N of Pewsey r. station. Post town, Pewsey, under Marlborough. Acres, 2,668. Real property, £3,662. Pop., 651. Houses, 137. The manor belonged, in the Norman times, to Edward of Salisbury; passed to th e Lovells, and remained with them till the time of Henry VII.; and, with W. ...
House, belongs now to Lieut.-Col. G. W. Wroughton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £143.* Patron, Lieut.-Col. G. W. Wroughton. The church is good.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wilcot, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wilcot ".