Place:


Westport St Mary  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westport St Mary like this:

WESTPORT-ST. MARY, a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts; contiguous to Malmsbury town, within Malmsbury borough, and 6 miles SW by W of Minety r. station. Post town, Malmsbury. Acres, 2,036. Real property, with Bremilham and Foxley, £6,335. Pop., 1,615. Houses, 339. The living is a vicarage, with Brockenborough and Charlton, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £310.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was enlarged in 1841.

Westport St Mary through time

Westport St Mary is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westport St Mary itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westport St Mary in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12137

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westport St Mary ".