In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tockenham like this:
TOCKENHAM, a parish in Cricklade district, Wilts; 2¾ miles SW of Wootton-Bassett r. station. Post town, Wootton-Bassett, under Swindon. Acres, 761. Real property, £1,682. Pop., 157. Houses, 36. T. House is the seat of the Buxtons. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury Value, £283.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. Charities, £29.
Tockenham is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tockenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tockenham in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tockenham ".