Place:


Tidcombe  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tidcombe like this:

TIDCOMBE, a parish in the district of Hungerford and county of Wilts; 3¾ miles S by E of Bedwin r. station, and 8 SSW of Hungerford. Post town, Marlborough. Acres, 2,321. Real property, £2,997. Pop., 274. Houses, 52. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £77. Patron, the Dean and Canons of Windsor. There is a national school.

Tidcombe through time

Tidcombe is now part of Kennet district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kennet has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tidcombe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tidcombe, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12120

Date accessed: 17th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tidcombe ".