Place:


Teffont Magna  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Teffont Magna like this:

TEFFONT-MAGNA, a parish in Tisbury district, Wilts; 1¾ mile NW of Dinton r. station. Post town, Teffont, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,440. Rated property, £1,723. Pop., 292. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Dinton. The church is tolerable.

Teffont Magna through time

Teffont Magna is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Teffont Magna itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Teffont Magna, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12119

Date accessed: 24th September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Teffont Magna ".