Place:


Teffont Evias  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Teffont Evias like this:

TEFFONT-EVIAS, a parish in Tisbury district, Wilts; 1¼ mile W of Dinton r. station, and 6½ W of Wilton. It has a post-office, of the name of Teffont, under Salisbury. Acres, 742. Rated property, £1,177. Pop., 163. Houses, 32. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £240.* Patron, W. F. De Salis, Esq. The church is good.

Teffont Evias through time

Teffont Evias is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Teffont Evias itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Teffont Evias, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12118

Date accessed: 29th July 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Teffont Evias ".