Place:


Sutton Benger  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton Benger like this:

SUTTON-BENGER, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 4 miles NNE of Chippenham r. station. It has a post-office under Chippenham. Acres, 1,173. Real property, £2,581. Pop., 406. Houses, 91. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £285.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury. The church was recently restored.

Sutton Benger through time

Sutton Benger is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton Benger itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton Benger in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12114

Date accessed: 16th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton Benger ".