In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Somerford like this:
SOMERFORD (Little), a parish, with a village, in Malmsbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 7 miles WN W of Wootton-Bassett r. station. It has a post-office under Chippenham. Acres, 1,392. Rated property, £2,414. Pop., 335. Houses, 7 4. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £241. Patron, the Rev. H. Wightwick. The church is ancient but good.
Little Somerford is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Somerford itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Somerford in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Somerford ".