Place:


Slaughterford  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Slaughterford like this:

SLAUGHTERFORD, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; 3¾ miles NW of Corsham r. station. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, with Biddestone-St. Nicholas, 2,291. Real property of S. alone, £1,275. Pop., 141. Houses, 29. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Biddestone. The church is ancient but good.

Slaughterford through time

Slaughterford is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Slaughterford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Slaughterford in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12097

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Slaughterford ".