Place:


Llanfair Cwmmwd  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfair Cwmmwd like this:

LLANFAIR-YN-Y-CWMMWD, a parish in the district of Carnarvon and county of Anglesey; on the river Brain, 2 miles NE by N of Newborough, and 3¼ SW of Gaerwen-Junction r. station. Post town, Newborough, under Bangor. Acres, 166. Real property, not separa tely returned. Pop., 57. Houses, 8. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanidan, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is good.

Llanfair Cwmmwd through time

Llanfair Cwmmwd is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfair Cwmmwd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfair Cwmmwd in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12095

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfair Cwmmwd ".