Place:


Dunholme  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dunholme like this:

DUNHOLM, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; near the source of the Langworth river, 2½ miles WNW of Langworth r. station, and 6 NNE of Lincoln. Post town, Hackthorn, under Lincoln. Acres, 2, 190. Real property, £4, 522. Pop., 453. Houses, 106. Dunholm Lodge is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £98. Patron, the Prebendary of Dunholm. The church is ancient; has an embattled tower; and contains some monuments. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £4.

Dunholme through time

Dunholme is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dunholme itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dunholme, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12052

Date accessed: 20th September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dunholme ".