Place:


Driby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Driby like this:

DRIBY, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 4 miles W by S of Alford r. station, and 5½ N of Spilsby. Post town, Alford. Acres, 1, 338. Real property, £1, 614. Pop., 79. Houses, 15. The property is all in one estate. Driby-Carr is a meet for the South Wolds hounds. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of South Ormsby, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church has two brasses of the 16th century.

Driby through time

Driby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Driby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Driby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12051

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Driby ".