Place:


Dry Doddington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dry Doddington like this:

DODDINGTON (Dry), a parish in the district of Newark, and county of Lincoln; on the river Witham, near the boundary with Notts, 2 miles SSW of Claypole r. station, and 5 SE by S of Newark. Post town, Claypole, under Newark. Acres, 2, 160. Real property, £2, 768. Pop., 283. Houses, 64. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Westborough, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is ancient; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Dry Doddington through time

Dry Doddington is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dry Doddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dry Doddington, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12042

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dry Doddington ".