Place:


Doddington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Doddington like this:

DODDINGTON, a village and a parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The village stands near the boundary with Notts, 3¾ miles S by E of Saxelby r. station, and 5½ W by S of Lincoln. Pop., 174. Houses, 30. The parish includes also the township of Whisby; and its post town is Saxelby, under Lincoln. ...


Real property, £3, 501. Pop., 264. Houses, 42. The property is divided between two. Doddington Hall, a Tudor mansion, is the seat of Colonel Jarvis. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £180.* Patron, Colonel Jarvis. The church has a tower and spire, and is good.

Doddington through time

Doddington is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Doddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Doddington, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12038

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Doddington ".