Place:


West Deeping  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Deeping like this:

DEEPING (West), a parish in Stamford district, Lincoln; on the river Welland and the Tallington canal, at the boundary with Northampton, 1¾ mile ENE of Tallington r. station, and 2¼ WSW of Market-Deeping. Post town, Market-Deeping. Acres, 1, 170. Real property, £2, 827. Pop., 349. Houses, 71. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £373.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient, and has a tower with lofty spire. Charities, £34.

West Deeping through time

West Deeping is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Deeping itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Deeping, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12022

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Deeping ".