Place:


Cranwell  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cranwell like this:

CRANWELL, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln: near Ermine-street and the Grantham and Boston railway, 4 miles NW of Sleaford. Post town, Sleaford. Acres, 2, 522. Real property, £2, 426. Pop., 233. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet for the Belvoir hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £370. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church was reported in 1859 to need repair. Charities, £9.

Cranwell through time

Cranwell is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cranwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cranwell, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12006

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cranwell ".