Place:


North Cave  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Cave like this:

CAVE (North), a township in Howden district, and a parish in Howden and Pocklington districts, E. R. Yorkshire. The township lies 4½ miles NE of Staddlethorpe r. station, and 6¾ S by E of Market Weighton; and has a post office‡ under Brough, Yorkshire. Acres, 3,270. Real property, £5,489. ...


Pop., 976. Houses, 219. The parish contains also the townships of South Cliff and Drewton-with-Everthorpe. Acres, 6,913. Real property, £9,358. Pop., 1,281. Houses, 269. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £247.* Patrons, H. and S. Burton. The church is good; and there are three dissenting chapels and an endowed school.

North Cave through time

North Cave is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Cave itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Cave, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11992

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Cave ".