Place:


Carnaby  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carnaby like this:

CARNABY, a parish in Bridlington district, E. R. Yorkshire; on the Hull and Scarborough railway, 2¼ miles SW of Bridlington. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Bridlington under Hull. Acres, 2,000. Real property, £2,616. Pop., 152. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Fraisthorpe, in the diocese of York. Value, £82. Patron, Sir G. Strickland, Bart. The church shows some early English features; has a good later English tower; and contains a circular Norman font.

Carnaby through time

Carnaby is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carnaby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carnaby, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11971

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carnaby ".