Place:


Marston Meysey  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marston Meysey like this:

MARSTON-MAISEY, a parish in the district of Cirencester and county of Wilts; adjacent to the Thames and Severn canal, and nearly snrrounded by Gloucestershire, 3 miles NE by N of Cricklade, and 6¼ NNE of Purton r. station. Post town, Cricklade. Acres, 1,276. Real property, with Castle-Eaton and Lushill, £6,171. ...


Rated property of M. M. alone, £1,791. Pop., 215. Houses, 52. The property is mnch subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Valne, £76. * Patron, the Rector of HamptonMaisey. The church is good; and there is a slightly endowed national school.

Marston Meysey through time

Marston Meysey is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Marston Meysey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marston Meysey in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11970

Date accessed: 18th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marston Meysey ".