Place:


Carlton Miniott  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carlton Miniott like this:

CARLTON-MINIOTT, or Carlton Islebeck, a township-chapelry in Thirsk parish, N. R. Yorkshire; adjacent to the Great Northern railway, 2 miles W of Thirsk. Post Town, Thirsk. Acres, 1,555. Real property, £3,007. Pop., 314. Houses, 70. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £125. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is very old.

Carlton Miniott through time

Carlton Miniott is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carlton Miniott itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carlton Miniott, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11965

Date accessed: 22nd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carlton Miniott ".