Place:


Claxby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Claxby like this:

CLAXBY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 1 mile ENE of Usselby r. station, and 3½ N of Market-Rasen. Post town, Market-Rasen. Acres, 1, 689. Real property, £4, 360. Pop., 237. Houses, 47. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Normanby-on-the-Wolds, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £844.* Patron, the Rev. S. W. Andrews. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Claxby through time

Claxby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Claxby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Claxby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11927

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Claxby ".