Place:


Byram  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Byram like this:

BYROME-WITH-POOL, a township in Brotherton parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Aire, adjacent to the York and Derby railway, 1¾ mile NNW of Ferry-Bridge Acres. 795. Real property, £1,020. Pop., 65. Houses, 9. Byrome Hall is the seat of Sir J. W. Ramsden, Bart.

Byram through time

Byram is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Byram itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Byram, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11923

Date accessed: 20th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Byram ".