Place:


Little Cawthorpe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Cawthorpe like this:

CAWTHORPE (Little). a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 1½ mile WSW of Legbourne r. station, and 3½ SSE of Louth. Post Town, Louth. Acres, 460. Real property, £942. Pop., 223. Houses, 46. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £69. Patron, not reported. The church was built in 1860; and is a structure of light-coloured bricks, striped with lines of black. There are Wesleyan and Free Methodist chapels.

Little Cawthorpe through time

Little Cawthorpe is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Cawthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Cawthorpe, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11920

Date accessed: 12th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Cawthorpe ".