In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lydiard Millicent like this:
LIDDIARD-MILLICENT, a village and a parish in Cricklade district, Wilts. The village stands 2 miles S of Purton r. station, and 3 NE by N of Wootton-Bassett; and has a post office under Swindon. The parish comprises 2,321 acres. Real property, with Purton, £24,310. Rated property of L. M. ...
alone, £3,126. Pop. in 1851,491; in 1861,588. Houses, 121. The increase of pop. arose from the proximity of the SE section to Swindon r. station. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £495. Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church has a tower. Charities, £3 5s.
Lydiard Millicent is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lydiard Millicent itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lydiard Millicent in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lydiard Millicent ".