Place:


Carlton le Moorland  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carlton le Moorland like this:

CARLTON-LE-MOORLAND, a parish in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; between the rivers Witham and Brant, 2½ miles SSE of Swinderby r. station, and 7 ENE of Newark. Post Town, Bassingham, under Newark. Acres, 2,610. Real property, £3,931. Pop., 384. Houses, 80. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Stapleford, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £158. Patron, Lord Middleton. The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel, and charities £10.

Carlton le Moorland through time

Carlton le Moorland is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carlton le Moorland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carlton le Moorland, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11906

Date accessed: 26th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carlton le Moorland ".