Place:


South Carlton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Carlton like this:

CARLTON (South), a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; 3¼ miles E of Saxelby r. station, and 4 NNW of Lincoln. Post Town, Lincoln. Acres, 1,910. Real property, £2,282. Pop., 181. Houses, 32. The property is divided between two. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is tolerable. Admirable Sir W. Monson, of the time of Elizabeth, was a native.

South Carlton through time

South Carlton is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Carlton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Carlton, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11904

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Carlton ".