In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Careby like this:
CAREBY, a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln; on a branch of the river Glen, 1½ mile SW of little Bytham r. station, and 5½ WSW of Bourn. Post Town, Castle-Bytham, under Stamford. Acres, 1,454. Real property, £1,878. Pop., 107. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Hatchers; and belongs now to G. B. Reynardson, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Holywell and Aunby, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £400.* Patron, G. B. Reynardson, Esq. The church is very good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Careby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Careby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Careby, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Careby".