Place:


Burton Leonard  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burton Leonard like this:

BURTON-LEONARD, a parish in Ripon district, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Leeds and Northallerton railway, near Wormald Green station, 4 miles SSE of Ripon. It has a post office under Ripon. Acres, 1,739. Real property, £2,405. Pop., 507. Houses, 121. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £140. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of York. The church is tolerable; and there are two Methodist chapels, a n. school, and charities £31.

Burton Leonard through time

Burton Leonard is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burton Leonard itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burton Leonard, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11885

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burton Leonard ".