Place:


Burton Fleming  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burton Fleming like this:

BURTON-FLEMING, or North Burton, a parish in Bridlington district, E. R. Yorkshire; on the GipsyRace river, 3½ miles W by S of Speeton r. station, and 7 NW of Bridlington. It has a post office, of the name of Burton-Fleming, under York. Acres, 3,590. Real property, £4,567. Pop., 525. Houses, 110. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £234. Patron, Admiral Mitford. The church has a timber roof of 1576, and a circular Norman font. There are two Methodist chapels.

Burton Fleming through time

Burton Fleming is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burton Fleming itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burton Fleming, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11882

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burton Fleming ".