In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Laverstock like this:
LAVERSTOCK, a village and a parish in Alderbury district, Wilts. The village stands on the Bourn river, near the Southwestern railway, 1½ mile NE of Salisbury; and has a post office under Salisbury. Its name signifies "the village of the lark." The parish includes part of Ford tything, and comprises 1, 675 acres. ...
Real property, with the rest of Ford, and with Milford tything, £9, 789. Rated property, exclusive of Milford, £3, 130. Pop., 470. Houses, 83. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged once to the Good Duke Humphrey, and belongs now to John H.Wyndham, Esq. Laverstock House was formerly the seat of the Dyke family; and is now a private lunatic asylum, with accommodation for upwards of 100 patients. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, and is annexed to the commonalty of the Vicars Choral of Salisbury. The church is modern; was built at a cost of £2, 350; has a bell turret; and consists of flint, with stone dressings. Part of the previous church still stands, and contains monuments of the Bathursts. There is a national school.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Laverstock, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Laverstock ".