Place:


Cammeringham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cammeringham like this:

CAMMERINGHAM, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; on the wolds, 5¾ miles E of Marton r. station, and 7 NNW of Lincoln. Post Town, Stow, under Gainsborough. Acres, 1,806. Real property, 2,162. Pop., 137. Houses, 27. The property is divided among three. Limestone occurs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £152. Patron, Lord Monson. The church is modern.

Cammeringham through time

Cammeringham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cammeringham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cammeringham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11858

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cammeringham ".