Place:


Caenby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Caenby like this:

CAENBY, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; 6½ miles NW of Wickenby r. station, and 7 W of Market-Rasen. Post Town, Glentham, under Market-Rasen. Acres, 1,430. Real property, £2,413. Pop., 125. Houses, 25. The manor and property belong to SirM. L. Monck, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £304.* Patron, SirM. L. Monck, Bart. The church is good.

Caenby through time

Caenby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Caenby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Caenby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11849

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Caenby ".