In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Castle Bytham like this:
BYTHAM-CASTLE, a village and a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln. The village stands on the river Glen, 1½ mile W by N of Little Bytham r. station, and 5 S of Corby; and has a post office under Stamford. The parish includes also the hamlet of Cownthorpe, and the chapelry of Holywell-with-Aunby. ...
Acres, 7,760. Real property, £7,969. Pop., 1,024. Houses, 190. The manor was given by William the Conqueror to his brother-in-law, Odo, Earl of Albemarle; and passed to the Colvilles. An ancient castle stood on it; and was burned by Edward III., and afterwards rebuilt. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £480. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. There is a Wesleyan chapel. A school has £40 from endowment.
Castle Bytham is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Castle Bytham itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Castle Bytham, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Castle Bytham ".